To benefit our people through community centered applied biotechnology.
The Palestine-Korea Biotechnology Center (PK-Biotech Center) offers an innovative environment to stimulate and support creative ideas through incubating community centered projects.
The PK-Biotech Center evolved from the Biotechnology Training and Research Unit (BioTRU), which was funded by the World Bank (IDA) and European Commission (EC) through the Ministry of Education & Higher Education-Tertiary Education Project.
The PK-Biotech Center houses several research and training laboratories that are equipped for molecular biology, animal cell culture, and plant biotechnology.
Mission and goals :
- Harness the potential of the genomic revolution for a better understanding of multifactorial diseases.
- Improve food security and health prospects.
- Develop a strong knowledge base for reduction of agricultural losses from infectious diseases.
- Preservation of local genetic resources.
- Promote private-sector investment and awareness of biotechnology.
- Provide high quality postgraduate studies and training in biotechnology.
- Build strong partnerships across the national, regional and international arenas with the aim of developing innovative projects, knowledge transfer and experience exchange.