To benefit our people through community centered applied biotechnology.
The Biotechnology Research Center offers an innovative environment to stimulate and support creative ideas through incubating community centered projects.
The Center evolved from the Biotechnology Training and Research Unit (BioTRU) and is one of the research units in the Deanship of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies at the Palestine Polytechnic University. The establishment of the unit was supported by Ministry of Education & Higher Education-Tertiary Education Project, which was kindly funded by the World Bank (IDA) and European Commission (EC).
The Biotechnology Research Center houses several research and training laboratories that are equipped for molecular biology, animal cell culture, and plant biotechnology and natural products analysis.
Mission and goals :
- Improve food security and health prospects.
- Develop a strong knowledge base for reduction of agricultural losses from infectious diseases.
- Preservation of local genetic resources.
- Promote private-sector investment in, and awareness of, biotechnology through pilot scale industrial.
- Provide high quality postgraduate studies and training in biotechnology.
- Build strong partnerships across the national, regional and international arenas with the aim of developing innovative projects, knowledge transfer and experience exchange.